Chapter I – Installation and Uninstallation
1.1 Installation Requirements
- Operating system: 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems of Windows series (Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1).
- CPU: editions higher than Pentium 4.
- Video card: no special requirements; it is recommended to use video card at least with 512MB cache in order to facilitate graphic edits.
- RAM: above 1GB.
- Hard disk: above 20GB.
1.2.1 Installation of AutoLaser
1) Run [Setup.exe]. Double click to run [AutoLaser V X.X.X.exe] for direct installation in the hard disk.
*(X.X.X is the version number)*
2) Extract files and start to install. If the software is installed in 64-bit Windows system, the dialog box for users to select will appear; click [YES] to enter the language selection interface.
3) Select language.
4) Click [Next] to select the product.
5) Tick [AutoLaser].
6) Tick [USB Driver].
7) Click [Installation] to run the installation program.
AutoLaser is being installed…
USB Driver is being installed…
8) Click [Extract].
9) Click [Next].
10) Click [Finish] to complete the installation of USB Driver.
Chapter II – System Setting
2.1 Machine Management
As shown in Figure 2-1, click the [Mac Info] button to enter the machine management.
Machine-related information includes format parameter, process parameters and machine parameters.
2.1.1 Format Parameters
Select a machine and click [Format Parameter] to open the dialog box of format parameters about the machine.
- [X]: it refers to the maximum distance that the machine can have along the X-axis.
- [Y]: it refers to the maximum distance that the machine can have along the Y-axis.
- [Pitch Dot]: refers to the point where the laser head is located.
In Figure 2-4, displaying machine information. The red area is used for the network connection, while the blue area is used for USB connection. The network connection is prior to USB connection.
- Network communication: When using the network communication, the user must set the IP address of the computer and machine in the same network.
- USB communication: Select the [Search] button in the blue area to enable the software to search the communication port number of the communication between the computer and the machine.
- (Note: do not forget to install USB Driver and insert USB communication lines.)
Chapter III – Basic Operation
3.1 Entering Texts
Click the tool on the left side of the tool bar, click the left button of the mouse in the drawing area. Enter texts in the dialog box, set the font and size.
3.2 Mirror Image
3.2.1 Horizontal mirror image
After selecting the pixels, click the “horizontal mirror image” and will regard the horizontal center line of the exterior rectangles.
3.2.2 Vertical mirror image
After selecting the pixels, click the “vertical mirror image” and will regard the vertical center line of the exterior rectangles.
After selecting the pixels, enter the angle in the tool bar in the upper side of the drawing area. Entering positive pixel will lead to clockwise rotation, while entering negative pixel will lead to counterclockwise rotation.
3.4 Pixel Alignment
3.4.1 Horizontal alignment
After selecting more than two pixels, click the [left horizontal alignment] on the left side of the tool bar or press the [L] button on the keyboard and it will be left-aligned. Same goes to the right and center horizontal alignment, press the [R] button for right and press [E] for center and all the selected pixels will be right aligned and center aligned.
3.4.2 Vertical alignment
After selecting more than two pixels, click the [top vertical alignment] on the left side of the tool bar or press the [T] button on the keyboard and it will be top-aligned. Same goes to center and bottom, press the [C] button and [B] button on the keyboard and all the selected pixels will be vertically center-aligned and bottom-aligned.
There are 256 colors optional for users. One color represents one layer.
3.5.1 Modifying the color of pixels
Select the graph to be modified and click the targeted color in the color list.
3.6 Data Processing
3.6.1 Color invert of bitmap
Process the bitmap in intaglio. See the following figure for the button on the toolbar.
Select the bitmap pixel. Click the button and the following effect will be created.
Chapter IV – Output Processing
4.1 Layer Parameters
In Figure 4-1, layers from top to bottom in the list indicates the sequence of processing. It is allowed to change the processing sequence by clicking [Up] or [Down] buttons.
4.1.1 Priority Setting
Click the list box as shown in Figure 4-2 to set their priority.
4.1.2 Cutting parameters
As shown in Figure 4-3, it needs to tick the [Cut] option first. The parameter of Light Intensity 1 is refer to the first laser head and that of Light Intensity 2 to the second one.
- [Cutting Speed]: movement speed of laser heads during bright dipping process.
- [Free Speed]: movement speed of laser head during non-bright dipping process.
- [Corner Power]: the light intensity by laser at corners.
- [Work Power]: the light intensity by laser when reaching the cutting speed.
- [Default Intensity]: default intensity parameter set on the control card will be used.
4.1.3 Carving parameters
Before setting carving parameters, please tick the “Carve” button. See Figure 4-4：
- [Carve Speed]: the working speed during normal bright dipping.
- [Carve Direction]: the working mode during device bright dipping.
- [Carve Accuracy]: the distance between two neighboring bright dipping lines.
- [Slope]: determines the distance from the slope top to the bottom.
- [Corner Power]: it refers to the laser light intensity in slope carving.
- [Work Power]: the power during bright dipping operation.
4.2 Online Control
Simple processing does not need drawing and can be finished by online control, such as single line cutting and rectangle cutting.
4.2.1 Control mode
The procedures are as following.
1）Connect two ends of the network cable to PC and the machine respectively.
2）Tick the [Network] page on the right side of the software interface.
3）Find the machine to be connected in [Name] and select it.
4）Select [Start the Network].
The procedures are as following.
1）Connect two ends of the USB line to PC and the machine respectively.
2）Select the [Network] page on the right side of the software interface.
3）Click [Search] to search the port number.
4）Click the pull-down list of [Port Number] to select the port.
- Click origin to set the point where the laser head currently locates.
- Click pulse, the laser head will emit light in the original position.
- Click the control button in the up and down directions of the axis switching button to switch among [Z-axis] → [U-axis] → [V-axis].
- Click Z+ to make the Z-axis move in positive direction, Click Z- to make the Z-axis move in negative direction, and if the moving direction is reversed, set the button polarity of the Z-axis in machine parameters.
- [Laser]: it will always emit light no matter which direction it moves to.
- [Precise]: it can input distance in the middle edit box of the up, down, left and right.
4.3 Working Pretreatment
4.3.1 Work view
[Work view]: it is allowed to conduct simulating processing to the working file downloaded to the machine, check the process route, etc.
[Start]: start simulating processing.
[Pause]: suspend simulating processing.
[End]: stop simulating processing.
[Accelerate]: accelerate simulating processing speed.
[Decelerate]: slowdown the simulating processing.
[Work Budget]: asset the processing time of the file.
4.4 Output Processing
[Start]: start to work the process.
[Pause/Resume]: continue or suspend the processing.
[Stop]: stop the processing.
[Download]: the download dialog box as shown in Figure 4-10.
[Doc to Mac]: download current file to the control card.
[OUT to Mac]: download the previously saved file to the control card.
[Save as OUT]: save the current file in the processing format to the computer.
Chapter V – Application Case
5.1 Common Output Processing
1）Open the file
As shown in Figure 5-1, click [File]→[Open] on the main menu, popping up and opening the the dialog box as shown in Figure 5-2. Check [Preview], click the file “001.dst” to see the graph, and click [Open] to open the file.
After opening the file as shown in Figure 5-3, select the whole graph, and click [Fairing] on the toolbar to edit to gain the graph as shown in Figure 5-4, with a round curve. The next step is to edit layer parameters.
3） Fill in parameters
As shown in Figure 5-5. Double-click the first item to open the dialog box for editing layer parameters, as shown in Figure 5-6. Tick[Cut], and click [OK] after filling the parameters of [Power] and [Speed].
Click [Download] as shown in Figure 5-7, popping up a download dialog box as shown in Figure 5-8.
As shown in Figure 5-8, if it needs to optimize the route, please check [Path Optimization], otherwise use the original route. Click [Download] to pop up a dialog box to input file name as shown in Figure 5-9.
The file name can either be the default-generated one, or be manually input, with the length of file name not exceeding 8 characters. Click [OK] to start download, and it means successful download if the graph can be seen on the control panel after going through the download progressing bar.